Our client is a world-leading mining equipment manufacturer committed to offer highly optimized solutions designed to increase their customers’ productivity and profitability – while ensuring reliability, efficiency and safety, through high technology.
The purpose of the job is to establish, develop, lead and coordinate the Equipment rental business and operational team at a global level with a dedicated, strategic and tactical business focus. Responsible for the business development and portfolio offering of the business unit.
Key responsibilities include
- Establish and maintain a successful commercial and operational strategy for the equipment rental and second-hand business;
- Lead and develop an operational team and an operating model to meet the strategic vision and objectives;
- Ensure that a clear and competitive offering strategy is developed for the business globally, across all applications;
- Support Sales Areas to identify, define and develop appropriate sales channels for the offering;
- Develop, establish and maintain tools and processes to successfully manage the equipment rental business;
- Closely align and operate with the divisions L&H, UG drills, Boom Surface Drills and Rock Tools
- Proactively work together with sales, equipment experts and used sales channels to maximize rental and (used) unit sales income;
- Understand the market demand and continuously align the rental value proposition with the market;
- Establish and maintain an efficient trade-in and distribution process for Rental units;
- Ensure availability of the rental fleet: maintenance planning/logistics/inspections
- Strategic planning of business development for the product range incl capturing all justified needs from all Customer Segments, Sales Areas and Supply units;
- Lead & manage the business unit including: P&L, Marketing & Communication, Product Line Strategy, Portfolio management;
- Recruit, mentor, motivate, train, evaluate and lead team members to accomplish the goals and objectives of the business;
You’re in possession of a university degree, preferably in Engineering, Finance, Business or Commercial with a 7 years’ experience in general management and 5 years’ experience in the equipment rental and asset management environment. You have proven understanding of business financials and proven sales management experience. You have well developed knowledge of used heavy duty equipment market and well-developed knowledge & understanding of aftermarket equipment management. Mechanical experience is beneficial, and you have excellent communication skills in English, verbal and written.
You are an entrepreneur by nature, with proven experience in business and market analysis, strong problem-solving skills and high level ability to engage and manage cross functional stakeholders.
This role will report to the Business Units Manager within the Parts & Services Commercial group, in Division Parts & Services.
Preferably in Amsterdam with the ability and availability to travel – domestically and internationally