Our Client is a world-leading mining equipment manufacturer committed to offer highly optimized solutions designed to increase our customers’ productivity and profitability – while ensuring reliability, efficiency and safety, through high technology.
Supports Senior Process Owner on process design and implementation with focus to actively lead and support the organizations with subject matter expertise to elevate maturity, capability, quality and compliance within the area Trade Compliance. Leads or participates in process improvement activities. Participates in transformation projects and leads tier 2 projects. Supports users in process knowledge and excellence. Acts as subject matter expert in own field of expertise; Freight and Trade compliance. Consults regional teams in best usage of existing trade agreements, compliance to International export and import trade and customs regulations, determines data requirements and IT needs to support smooth shipping. Support regions and other teams with expert advice on related TC query issues, partners with other divisions to align TC processes.
Set strategy and targets, governance and risk assessment plans:
- Align on trade Compliance strategy and goals with Division management and with the Client’s Trade Compliance team;
- Build and maintain a network of compliance contacts within the Division, to secure ownership and responsibility of trade compliance areas;
- Highlight gaps and risks in resources;
- Drive risk assessments and support prioritization of actions;
- Align tools, training best practices and processes across all regions in the division;
- Governance of the Trade Compliance self-assessment.
Process and Tool Development:
- Support process design, development, implementation, documentation and assessment;
- Audit processes and ensure adherence to common way of working;
- Drive Global system improvements and tool development to make trade compliance adherence more efficient and ensure flexibility in selecting customs partners but also compliance;
- Lead (project manage) relevant IT developments (ERP changes) or partner selection (external offerings) and conduct user acceptance testing and roll out training.
Subject matter expertise:
- Act as a first POC for escalations and unresolved queries from the operational team or from the regions.
Project Management & communication:
- Participate into projects as a subject matter expert;
- Lead and manage tier 2 projects.
Data Analytics (if within individual core competencies)
- Support all projects, process owner initiatives and Logistics Services by completing relevant analysis and reports and developing reporting tools
You’re in possession of a university degree in relevant field or equivalent, which means a minimum of 5-8 years of Supply Chain Management experience. Next to that you must have worked with cross cultural workgroups for more than two years. You have experience in change management and experience in coaching and training in the subject matter (Freight and TC).
A few competencies you own are the ability to network with government agencies, project management skills (ideally certification), stakeholder management, proficient in Microsoft office, including advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and Power BI proficient.
Preferred location is Amsterdam or Eindhoven but is flexible in the Europe area such as Turku, Tampere, Dublin, Sandviken and Stockholm.