European Distribution Centre, Schiedam
At our Client, they approach the world around us with an open mind. No matter position or mindset. That’s how they learn, adapt and change for the future. Put into practice it means that initiatives, innovation and continuous improvements are day-to-day realities. As well as challenging themselves, and the current way work.
The business-unit of our Client is the largest and most profitable business area, with more than 19,000 employees worldwide. They are the leading supplier in the global cutting tool industry and their brand portfolio holds some of the strongest brands in the market.
Their logistics ensures that any product, ordered anywhere in the world, arrives at their customers in time, in perfect condition, with the lowest possible impact on the environment and in compliance with all international laws and regulations – at the lowest possible cost for our Client. At the Distribution Center in Schiedam, theu distribute products within the EMEA Region.
Our Client is now looking for an Application Engineer for 40 hours per week (1 FTE). Location will be the European DC in Schiedam, the Netherlands.
As an Application Engineer, you will support the planning, design, maintenance and installation of the Warehouse Management System and the related distribution center applications, using sophisticated software tools, utilizing knowledge of application engineering and programming, as well as general knowledge of the Logistics business processes and best practices. Further, you will provide onsite technical support to end-users for the WMS applications by responding directly to user’s requests for support.
In this position, you report directly to the DC IT Manager.
- Analyze errors and/or development needs and make recommendations or specifications for improvements to prevent these errors in either internal or external systems;
- Manage, maintain and assist the development and improvement of the Warehouse Management system to support the Logistics organization and business strategy;
- Update and maintain documentation and workinstructions for the Warehouse Management System;
- Provide guidance and training as needed to facilitate identified process improvements, including but not limited to advanced data gathering and analysis and problemsolving;
- Support the continued development of Logistics Business Data Platform;
- Manage, maintain, and continuously develop and improve the distributioncenter applications infrastructure to support the current needs, as well as future demands of the Logistics organization and businessstrategy;
- Regular contact, collaboration and escalation with global Warehouse Management Application Management team as well as external suppliers/vendors as needed to support the Logistics organization and businessstrategy;
- Support ongoing activities for keyprojects within Logistics by conducting tests, analyzing and correcting errors where applicable, reporting results back to various project
You have at least 3 years’ experience with JDA Warehouse Management Applications and architecture as well as experience in writing and debugging JDA MOCA based queries and functions. You have experience with Oracle RDBMS and excellent organization, communication and presentation skills.
You also must be proficient with Microsoft Windows Client Operating Systems (Win7, Win10), as well as Microsoft Office 365 Suite of applications.
You’re a flexible, self-motivated and pro-active person with excellent English skills both written and verbal. Dutch is preferred.
At our Client, they strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspective and background will lead to a better environment for their employees, their business and, thereby, our customers.