Our Client is looking for a Freight Lead EMECIS
Our Client is a global leading supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. Application areas include rock drilling, rock cutting, crushing and screening, loading and hauling, tunneling, quarrying and breaking and demolition. In 2019, sales were approximately 45 billion SEK, with about 14,000 employees within continuing operations.
Our Client has an exciting opportunity for a Freight Lead. Reporting to the Freight Operations Manager EMECIS, the Freight Lead is responsible for managing the transportation of Parts, Tools and Consumables for our Client within EMECIS. The activities include freight management activities with external vendors and internal stakeholders, with a focus on continuous improvement of the freight services, cost and quality of delivery.
- Together with their peers, the carriers and your Customs & Trade compliance colleagues you ensure a smooth freight operation for Europe;
- Working closely with 3PL’s and manage their performance;
- Conduct negotiations with new vendors and make sure they are compliant with regards to trade, processes, safety, Code of Conduct and agreements. Partly in cooperation with regional and global teams;
- Continuously improving Freight processes and procedures and carrying the changes through;
- Various projects related to freight.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree, with at least 5 years’ hands-on freight management/logistics operational experience;
- You have excellent analytical skills, which are required for various analyses and improvement projects;
- Assertiveness and strong written and verbal communication skills in English are essential to be able to deal effectively and tactfully with both internal stakeholders and external vendors on issues and improvement initiatives;
- You have the ability to operate independently and in a team using input from stakeholders and cross functional partners;
- You have experience with ERP systems and databases and you are skilled in Microsoft tools such as MS Excel;
- You have the capability and flexibility to adjust to a variety of tailor made (transport management) systems;
- You are innovative and constantly seeking for opportunities in a result-driven and high-pressure environment.
The job requires 10-15% travel (sales regions, service providers, training/conferences).
|Categorie||Logistiek en Transport|